Established in 1891, these well-appointed gardens in Roseau also contains an aviary with Sisserou parrots, plus the famous 'crushed bus' - victim of devastating Hurricane David.
It is also home to offices of the Forestry Dept. and various other related departments.
The idea of establishing the Roseau Botanic Gardens was conceived in 1889 by the British Crown Government. It wanted to encourage the supply of properly propagated seedlings of varied tropical crops to the island farmers. The Government bought the site from William Davies, then owner of Bath Estate, and the planning and planting of the Gardens began in 1890.
Fort Young Hotel Reopens
2 days ago